Our homes are filled with amazing gadgets and features that make life in the 21st century a breeze. The problem that arises with these tools is that when they take a nosedive, we are left scrambling to make things right. One of the unsung nuisances of homeownership is the need to plan for garbage disposal repair. It’s a device that is unseen & relatively unheard, but when our disposal begins to go south, we are consumed with its presence.
A garbage disposal is something that is used by families quite often, which means they’ll need to be repaired at some point. As such, you need to find the right repair service to get the job done, but therein lies another pitfall — how do you hire the right company to help? Much the same way you must plan for any work done in your home, you must ask the right questions.
Here are five questions that must be part of the process when finding someone to repair your garbage disposal:
1. How Long Has Your Company Been in Business? Going with a company with decades of experience is almost always the way to go. They’ve probably worked with a number of brands and models of disposal, and this expertise is something that priceless. Certainly, every company starts somewhere, and at some point, established companies were once the new guys on the block. Still, it takes quality work to be around for generations.
2. How Long Have Your Employees Been With Your Company? Piggybacking off the idea of a company being around for a long time, it is also important to know that a company has employees that have stayed the course for a long time as well. A sign of a reliable repair service business is one that has employed people for lengthy periods of time.
3. Can I Contact Previous Customers? A company with a good relationship with its customers will have no problem providing reference information you can check out for yourself. After all, if a disposal repair service does a good job, they build rapport with their customer who in turn continues to work with the company. If you are refused referrals, it may be a sign that you need to move on.
4. What Type of Warranty Do You Offer? Since your disposal plays a major role in your home, you want to make sure any work done or parts provided are backed by the company you’re choosing to make repairs. A good warranty policy shows they use quality products and stand behind their employees’ work.
5. How Can I Prevent Future Problems? A quality repair service company will always take the time to teach the homeowner how to be proactive in caring for their appliances. Garbage disposal problems usually stem from the user, so getting advice from the pros shows their commitment to you & your home.
Your home is your biggest investment, so you need to find the right people for the job at hand.